Meaby&Co provides a professional and personal service tailored to our clients’ individual needs when it comes to Wills and Estate Planning, whatever your financial status.
We will walk you through the process of creating a Will to ensure your affairs are managed in exact accordance with your wishes following your death.
Our wealth of experience, combined with an ability to think laterally and come up with creative solutions, enables us to produce bespoke estate-planning solutions designed to meet a range of objectives, including minimising inheritance tax, protecting family wealth and ensuring individuals’ assets pass to the right person.
The consequences of not creating a Will can be devastating for those left behind, both financially and emotionally.
Creating a well-thought our and legally sound Will allows you to:
- Ensure that those left behind for who you have financial responsibility are properly looked after.
- Appoint the correct guardians to have parental responsibility of your dependents or children under the age of 18.
- Minimise tax liabilities for the beneficiaries of your Will after you have died.
- Dictate who should receive your personal items that have sentimental value rather than have your possessions all being treated in the same way.
- Create a funeral plan designed around your wishes.
- Have peace of mind that you have personally chosen an Executor that you trust to carry out your wishes.
- Prevent family disputes by making your wishes clear.
If you die without making a will, the Intestacy laws will dictate who receives your estate, and this can result in your property passing to beneficiaries that you would otherwise have excluded; it can also result in beneficiaries that you would like to favour receiving smaller legacies that you would otherwise wish.
Another considerable advantage of having a Will is that you can arrange the division of your estate in such a way as to ensure that you are minimising your Inheritance Tax exposure. Inheritance Tax is currently payable at 40% of the value of everything you own over £325,000.
At Meaby&Co we pride ourselves on offering clear and unambiguous advice. We also advise on the benefit of trusts and other more complicated estate planning measures.