We see today increasingly complicated family structures with multi-generational as well as multi-jurisdictional concerns.
The family office is often seen as the best solution for such families and such structures are being devised in the UK and across the globe.
Deciding to set up a single family office brings with it its own concerns; how should the office be structured, what services will be required, what will be the tax and regulatory consequences.
At Meaby&Co we advise and oversee the setting up of Single Family Offices both in the UK and in other jurisdictions. We provide one point of contact for the family making things simpler for all members.
We advise on the following areas:
- Setting out a family’s core values and beliefs;
- Succession and lifetime planning;
- Establishing the family heirs and structure;
- Jurisdictional review of situs for single family office according to family’s requirements;
- Establishment of family office;
- Governance and regulatory advice;
- Asset protection;
- Immigration and employment concerns;
- Philanthropy and planned giving;
- Investment and asset management.
At Meaby & Co our work does not stop after the family office has been established, we build a strong relationship with our family offices and continue to advise them including through transition to a multiple family office.