Our Professional Negligence department is renowned for successfully taking on cases against legal advisers.
Our robust approach backed by legal and practical experience means that we are go to advisers for complex claims.
We have a proven track record of successfully bringing cases against legal advisers for clients based in the UK and overseas where negligent advice has been provided and there has been a substantial financial loss as a result.
Many of the claims we advise on have limitation complications, potential or alleged fraud, concealment and wrongdoing.
What is Professional Negligence?
Professional Negligence put simply is where a professional adviser provides advice which falls below the standard expected of that adviser and as a result, you suffer a financial loss.
Our expertise are in advising clients in complex, high-value claims often where there are multiple well known Claimants. We have represented a former Prime Minister, Sports Stars, well known business individuals along with high-net worth Property Investors.
Funding a Claim for Professional Negligence
Having represented clients in Professional Negligence claims for over 100 years, we have an array of funding options available. These include:
- Conditional Fee Agreements (No win, No Fee)
- Damages Based Agreements
- Third Party Funding
- Hybrid Conditional Fee Agreements (Part paid, part CFA)
- Traditional Funding
We will advise you which option is the most appropriate for you in the circumstances.
Examples of professional negligence cases we have taken against legal advisers:
- Claim against a firm of solicitors on behalf of 47 individual Claimants relating to the firm’s conduct of dozens of property transactions. The claim relates to breach of trust, unauthorised use of mortgage monies, third party payments. Value of claim in excess of £30m.
- Claim against a firm of solicitors on behalf of 26 individual Claimants relating to a student accommodation investment. Alleged concealment, unauthorised use of client funds, breach of duty and trust. Value of claim in excess of £20m.
- Claim against a firm of solicitors who failed to identify that land was land-locked before advising our client to exchange contracts. The client become subject to a High Court Judgment in excess of £1m for failure to complete the transaction as a consequence of the land-lock issue.
- Claim against a firm of solicitors for unauthorised use of client funds, failure to register charges pursuant to various loan agreements, failure to advise on security. Value of claim in excess of £5m.