Pranav Bhanot undertakes a wide range of commercial litigation work including debt recovery, professional negligence, defamation, property disputes as well as employment matters.
Pranav has previously worked on high-value and cross border disputes with clients ranging from multi-national corporations, the NHS, Central Government and High Net Worth individuals.
He read law at University College London and the University of Manchester and obtained a distinction in his LPC before training in the City.
In November 2019, Pranav was shortlisted as “Junior Lawyer of the Year” in the Law Society of England and Wales Excellence Awards and is the former President of BPP Law School London.
Below are some examples of his recent commercial litigation work:
- Acted for five companies headquartered in the British Virgin Islands in a £300,000 claim against their UK based managing agent for breach of contract, negligence and breach of trust.
- Prepared a security for costs application on behalf of a high profile Defendant in a cross border misappropriation of company funds litigation.
- Represented 369 local authorities in a complex litigation relating to overcharging of services. Successfully assisted in the settlement process worth over £30 million settlement funds.
- Acted for a High Net Worth Individual in his $6 million claim against a government relating to State backed hacking.
- Represented a group of clients in their cross-border currency related dispute against numerous Icelandic banks.
- Acted for a large property development company in a defamation action against an online reviewing platform for publicising fake and misleading reviews.