Chris’s practice is unique in that it is split between high value litigation disputes (mainly within the High Court) mostly with an international element and private criminal cases.
With respect to crime, Chris’s experience is focused on complicated fraud, money laundering and representing high-profile or public figures in criminal matters where there is significant risk to reputation and a crisis management plan needs to be effected.
Below is an example of Chris’s most recent work.
- Solicitor in the Lead Litigation Group acting for Claimants in claims against News International for telephone hacking.
- Partner leading case for UK whistle-blower in relation to anti-competitive conduct, acquisition and mis-use of confidential competitor information and abuse of dominant position. Advising on submissions made to Ofcom and CMA following a review of over 11,000 documents.
- Represented shareholders in a $40m dollar dispute over land and properties in receivership in the Caribbean. Included working alongside Caribbean Counsel to attend mediation offshore.
- Represented a group of 47 Claimants in a group action professional negligence claim with a combined value of £26m.
- Advised Claimant Groups in both the VW emissions scandal and Vauxhall car fires scandal.
- Represented Whistle-blowers in respect of alleged significant Government failings with an International element including defending allegations that Parliamentary Privilege applies.
- Acted for the Defendants defending possession of a £32m Central London Property where lending was provided in Monaco and secured against the Property. Successfully prevented an attempted sale at £8m with the property going on to sell for £27m.
- Representing the sole shareholder of a company with an annual turnover of £250m who was the subject of a claim by a former shareholder alleging that they were entitled to 25% of the shares in the business.
- Acting in claim against a London Property Developer who failed to complete the build of a vast property in Morocco leaving our clients with losses in excess of £2m.
Crime & Fraud
- Represented Defendant in highly contentious £43m confiscation proceedings with assets worldwide.
- Represented Defendant in £200m multi-hand boiler room fraud.
- Acted for Defendants in multi-million pound alleged international fraud in the alternative investment market securing the discharge of two Restraint Orders by two different police forces.
- Defended former Public Servant in Misconduct in Public Office Proceedings.
- Represented Director of a large construction company in a criminal prosecution for Aiding and Abetting a disqualified director to act in breach of a disqualification order and money laundering.
- Defended an individual alleged to have defrauded a prominent millionaire out of six figure sums.
- Advised on the potential private prosecution of a big 10 firm of Accountants linked its role in a criminal investigation.
- Advised a prominent firm of insolvency practitioners on a private prosecution against a former director alleged to have diverted tens of millions of pounds worth of London real estate for his own personal gain.