We have a proven track record of successfully prosecuting a wide array of professional negligence claims.
Our team is expert in dealing in anything from common professional negligence claims involving property transactions to complex, high-value international cases.
We have a revered reputation for successfully taking on claims against professional advisers including solicitors, accountants, financial advisors, surveyors and architects.
What is Professional Negligence?
Professional Negligence put simply is where a professional adviser provides advice which falls below the standard expected of that adviser and as a result, you suffer a financial loss.
What is the process for bringing a Professional Negligence Claim?
The first thing our team will do is to meet with you in person or hold a conference call by telephone. Our aim is to understand in brief terms, what you say has happened, why you say there has been negligence by your adviser, what the loss is you have suffered and whether you may have a claim against your adviser.
At this stage, we will ask you to send us documents to evidence the negligence. For example, if the claim is against a firm of solicitors we will request documents which evidence the negligent act; such as incorrect or inaccurate advice or a solicitor’s failure to comply with a deadline which had a detrimental financial effect upon you.
Once we have received this documentation we will then advise you whether we think you have a claim.
Funding a Claim for Professional Negligence
Having represented clients in Professional Negligence claims for over 100 years, we have an array of funding options available. These include:
- Conditional Fee Agreements (No win, No Fee)
- Damages Based Agreements
- Third Party Funding
- Hybrid Conditional Fee Agreements (Part paid, part CFA)
- Traditional Funding
We are happy to consider all cases where negligence has occurred and there has been a financial loss, and have a particular expertise in complex, high-value claims often where there are several claimants.
Examples of recent claims against are:
- Claim against a firm of solicitors on behalf of 47 Claimants with a claim that had a combined value of £26m.
- Claim against a firm of solicitors who failed to identify that land was land-locked before advising our client to exchange contracts. The client become subject to a High Court Judgment in excess of £1m for failure to complete the transaction as a consequence of the land-lock issue.
- Claim against a firm of solicitors on behalf of 47 individual Claimants relating to the firm’s conduct of dozens of property transactions. The claim relates to breach of trust, unauthorised use of mortgage monies, third party payments.
- Claim against a firm of solicitors for unauthorised use of client funds, failure to register charges pursuant to a various loan agreements, failure to advise on security.
- Four defendant claim against solicitors and surveyors who failed to make proper enquiries in a property transaction and failed to identify historic subsidence in a property purchase with a current value in excess of £3m.
- Claim against a firm of Solicitors for failure to comply with court directions in a substantial claim resulting in a strike out of the defence and a judgment against the Defendants.