Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, please write to the firm’s Client Care Partner, who is Chris Sarsfield by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 3-11 Eyre Street, Clerkenwell, London, EC1R 5ET. If we have to change any of the timescales set out below we will let you know and explain why.
What Will Happen Next?
1. We will send you an acknowledgement of your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. If it seems appropriate we will suggest a meeting at this stage.
2. We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will also investigate your complaint by examining the file of your instructions.
3. We would hope to be able to write to you within 21 days of receiving your complaint setting out our views on the situation and any redress.
4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 10 days. This will happen in one of the following ways:
• The Client Care Partner will review their own decision with the other Partners.
• We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it.
• An independent Senior Partner will review your complaint within 10 days.
• We may invite you to agree to independent mediation.
5. We will let you know the result of the review within 5 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint. We very much hope that this will not be necessary.