Our Commercial Property Litigation team is regularly called upon to advise or act for a wide range of individuals, corporates, investors, management companies, property developers, residential landlords, commercial landlords, developers and property investment funds. Disputes can include matters involving ownership of residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural property.
In our commercial practice, our team has considerable experience and expertise from working with developers, property investor funds and managers, retail tenants, private estates, charities and high net worth individuals.
Having experience of acting for both sides, our team are alive to concerns and the priorities that can differ between residential and commercial sectors of the property market and therefore how our clients’ needs may differ. Our clients’ can be assured that whatever the issue, their long term objective are our focus from the start.
We consider that most disputes can be resolved through mediation (or other methods of dispute resolution). We understand the strains and disruption litigation can place on our clients’ and their businesses, we therefore aim to resolve matters and mitigate risk – and only when this route has been exhausted should they turn to litigation. However, for matters where litigation is unavoidable, our team is well equipped to provide hands-on support to guide you through Court proceedings. Our clients’ cases are met with expertise, vigour, commercial and practical thinking.
Examples of the kinds of disputes our team has dealt with are:
- Landlord and Tenant disputes
- Possession Claims – residential and commercial property
- Rent recovery
- Claims for disrepair and other disputes over breaches of covenant
- Service charge recovery, disputes, challenges and consultations
- Eviction proceedings
- Co-ownership disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Acquiring freehold
- Neighbour disputes – boundary and party wall disputes
- Managing agent disputes
- Appointment of residential property managers
- Conveyancing disputes
- Disputed leasehold enfranchisement and lease extension claims
- Enforcement of mortgages
- Professional negligence – including negligence claims against solicitors, builders and surveyors
- Repossession of property
- Squatter eviction
- Wrongful eviction of tenants