Landlord and Tenant Law
Letting a property is far from straightforward. There are over 50 Acts of Parliament and more than 70 sets of regulations governing landlord and tenant law in the private-rented sector, and navigating these can be time-consuming and confusing.
Despite its complexity, having a working understanding of landlord and tenant law is essential.
Because the law in this area is so complex we understand that Landlords face difficulties ensuring compliance. Therefore, regardless of how frustrating it might be, when dealing with a difficult tenant situation the law requires landlords to follow the right processes and procedures. This is so, even when a tenant gets behind with their rent or behaves anti-socially or is in breach of the terms of their tenancy agreement.
We can help in many ways including:
- Drafting tenancy agreements.
- Advice on the terms of existing tenancy agreements.
- Advice regarding deposit disputes.
- Obtaining possession of your property and rent arrears if applicable.
- Serving the correct notices on your tenants when seeking possession of your property.
- Issuing court proceedings for possession and rent arrears.
- Guidance and advice through the court process.
- Representation in court.
- Liaising with bailiffs.
If you have an issue that you would like discuss you can call the team on 020 7703 5034 send us an email email@example.com or complete the form below.