Meaby & Co – Lawyers Specialising in Professional Negligence Claims
Meaby & Co have a team of Lawyers with a proven track record in representing Claimants in claims against professionals resulting from Professional Negligence. We are often instructed in high-value, complex cases where there is both a domestic and international element.
What is Professional Negligence?
Professional Negligence put simply is where a professional adviser be that a Solicitor, Accountant, Financial Adviser, Surveyor, Architect or any other Adviser acting in a professional capacity provides advice which falls below the standard expected of that Adviser and as a result, you suffer a financial loss.
What is the process for bringing a Professional Negligence Claim?
The first thing our team will do is to meet with you in person or hold a conference call by telephone. Our aim is to understand in brief terms, what you say has happened, why you say there has been negligence by your Adviser, what the loss is you have suffered and whether you may have a claim against your Adviser.
At this stage, we will ask you to send us documents to evidence the negligence. By example, for Solicitors this will documents which evidence the negligent act such as incorrect or inaccurate advice, a solicitors failure to comply with a deadline which had a detrimental effect and any other documents you think we should see.
We will then advise you whether we think you have a claim.
Funding a Claim for Professional Negligence
Having represented clients in Professional Negligence claims for over 100 years, we have an array of funding options available. These are:
- Conditional Fee Agreements (No win, No Fee)
- Damages Based Agreements
- Third Party Funding
- Hybrid Conditional Fee Agreements (Part paid, part CFA)
- Traditional Funding
Whilst we are happy to consider all cases where negligence has occurred and there has been a financial loss, our expertise lie in complex, high-value claims often where there are several Claimants.
An example of recent claims against are:
- Claim against a firm of Solicitors who failed to identify that land was land-locked before advising our client to exchange contracts. The Client become subject to a High Court Judgment in excess of £1m for failure to complete the transaction as a consequence of the land-lock issue.
- Claim against a firm of Solicitors on behalf of 47 individual Claimants relating to the firm’s conduct of dozens of property transactions. The claim relates to breach of trust, unauthorised use of mortgage monies, third party payments.
- Claim against a firm of Solicitors for unauthorised use of client funds, failure to register charges pursuant to a various loan agreements, failure to advise on security.
- 4 Defendant Claim against Solicitors and Surveyors who failed to make proper enquiries in a property transaction and failed to identify historic subsidence in a property purchase with a current value in excess of £3m.
- Claim against a firm of Solicitors for failure to comply with court directions in a substantial claim resulting in a strike out of the Defence and a Judgment against the Defendants.
If you would to discuss whether you have a potential claim with one of our team, telephone us on 0207 703 5034 to speak to Chris Waters, the Partner leading the Professional Negligence team.